Terms of Service
You must take care of your own online safety and use the Website at your own risk. AgrifoodSA provides the Website “as is” and does not make any warranties about the Website.
AgrifoodSA is not legally responsible for content in websites of Third Parties to which this Website and/or Service links.
You must use discretion before taking any action based on the information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website.
AgrifoodSA does not accept liability for any submissions made in email communications by its employees, resellers and/or referrers that caused damage to you or Third Parties.
AgrifoodSA occasionally runs promotional competitions that are free to enter.
Should you wish to enter, you must complete the online competition entry form before the stated deadline of the competition, accept the terms and conditions and submit the form.
Our competition rules are as follows:
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons ("your partner").
- The competition is not open to directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of AGRIFOODSA.INFO or the Old Mutual Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition and the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
- Only one entry per participant will be taken into consideration.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past six months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of six months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof.
- We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. AGRIFOODSA.INFO will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize, a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner's, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and AGRIFOODSA.INFO reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- In the event that you win a prize you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- We may require you to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. AGRIFOODSA.INFO will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
- You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith you will take full responsibility for your partner, you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner's acceptance and/or use of a prize and any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize), you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner's) non-compliance and
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
- For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
- AGRIFOODSA.INFO and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
AgrifoodSA gives you a limited license to view and use the Website.
You must not copy, reverse engineer or modify this Website without AgrifoodSA’s consent.
You must not sublicense or transfer your rights to use the Website to another.
You must not intentionally overcome the security measures that protect the Website or deliver malicious code to damage the Website.
You must not frame or mirror any page of this Website without AgrifoodSA’s consent.
Intellectual property rights
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you how AgrifoodSA use your personal information when you engage with us and what rights you have in relation to it.
What personal information does AgrifoodSA collect?
Personal Information that AgrifoodSA gathers about you may include:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Online identifier e.g. social media name, location, IP address, device information
- Photographic identifiers
Why does AgrifoodSA collect Personal Information about you?
Agrifoodsa collects personal information through this website to:
- Provide customer service
- Send out special offers or notify web users of promotions
- Improve our products and services
From Whom Does AgrifoodSA Collect Personal Information?
AgrifoodSA collects the personal information directly from you when you fill in any forms.
AgrifoodSA may also collect your personal information from public sources e.g. from public records, websites, Facebook or other ways in which you have made it public.
When you use the Website, AgrifoodSA may gather information about you through Internet access logs, cookies and other technical means. This information could include your IP address, browser and/or device information when you visit our website. Although this information does not reveal your identity, it may include usage information like referring URL’s, language preferences, country, location, information about how or when you use our website. AgrifoodSA needs this information for its own internal analytics and reporting purposes as well as to maintain the security and operation of our website.
AgrifoodSA also collects personal information through cookies. ‘Cookies’ are text files placed on your computer to collect Internet log information and user behaviour information. These are used to track website usage and monitor website activity and for other data processing reasons set out below.
Some of the cookies AgrifoodSA uses are essential for parts of the Website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the Website will not work.
Is the supply of the Personal Information voluntary or mandatory?
The supply of Personal Information is voluntary but if it is not supplied, AgrifoodSA cannot send you newsletters or provide customer service.
The Website collects your Internet usage information automatically when you visit it.
What laws require/authorise AgrifoodSA to collect Personal Information?
- Consumer Protection Act; and
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
Will AgrifoodSA share your Personal Information with anyone?
AgrifoodSA may exchange and disclose the Personal Information under its care to:
- service providers
- within our group of companies (this includes our parent company and its subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that are under our control; and
- and representatives as well as law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies.
When we share your personal information with any of the above parties, we require them to adhere to this privacy notice.
For how long does AgrifoodSA keep your personal information?
AgrifoodSA will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or as required by law (such as tax accounting and other legal requirements)
When we do not have a legitimate business reason to keep processing your personal information, we will either delete it or anonymise it.
Your privacy rights
You may at any time unsubscribe from our marketing email list by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or by contacting us. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still contact you by sending you service-related emails should you be a paying customer or for any other non-marketing purposes.
You may at any time request AgrifoodSA to confirm what Personal Information it holds about you by following the procedure as set out in its Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual . If the Personal Information is inaccurate, you may request AgrifoodSA to rectify it.
If you feel that AgrifoodSA has unlawfully processed your Personal Information, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Officer of AgrifoodSA who will liaise with you to resolve your dispute.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
Updates to this privacy notice
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time to keep it up to date with changing legislation. The revised version will be indicated by an updated “Revised date” and it will be effective as soon as it is accessible on our website.
We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to stay informed of how we are protecting your information.
Disclosures I.T.O electronic communications and transactions act
Full name and legal status of the Website Service Owner: MES Online Consultants South Africa (Pty) Ltd t/a AgrifoodSA, a registered company in terms of the laws of the Republic of South Africa
Physical address and telephone number where services are rendered: 1 Umitsa Place, Moreleta Park, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0181
Postal Address: PO Box 1718, Garsfontein East, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0060
Registration number, names directors and the place of registration of the Website Owner: Mabel Elizabeth Schmahl; Republic of South Africa. Registration number: 2011/114586/07
Description of the main characteristics of the Service offered by the supplier: This web-based advertising and information guide focuses specifically on the South African agricultural and food industries and is the first of its kind in the area. It allows web users to search for an agricultural or food-related supplier, producer or agent.
The minimum duration of the agreement:
For as long as a website user chooses to view, download and use the Website’s content according to these terms.
Physical Address where AgrifoodSA will accept legal service of documents: 1 Umitsa Place, Moreleta Park, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0181.
You accept that AgrifoodSA may communicate with you through the use of email relating to the use of the Website such as sending you notifications of special promotions, competitions, new Website launches, changes to the Website, changes to the website terms, customer service.
You may elect not to receive electronic marketing messages from us and may opt-out using the mechanism provided. We do however reserve the right to notify you of changes to these terms and conditions, and to the website in general.
When AgrifoodSA sends an email to you, it is deemed that you have received it when you are capable of downloading the email.
When you send an email to AgrifoodSA, it is deemed to have been received when it replies to the message.
You agree that all electronic notices, disclosures and other communications between AgrifoodSA and you, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Complaints and disputes
You may contact AgrifoodSA about the service you received by using the online contact form.
AgrifoodSA undertakes to resolve any disputes internally as far as practically possible.
Changes to the website
AgrifoodSA reserves the right to amend any information about its Services on this Website. It may change these terms and conditions in its sole discretion, by posting the new terms on the Website and/or notifying you by email using the last email address you gave AgrifoodSA. If the changes are material, it will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What makes a material term will be determined at its sole discretion.
You must acquaint yourself with any such amendments to the terms and conditions and they will take effect from date of notice.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa governs the interpretation and validity of this Agreement.
You acknowledge that AgrifoodSA uses third party vendors to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide access to the Website.
These terms and conditions form the whole agreement between the Parties and supersede all prior agreements, other representations and understandings.
If a certain clause in this agreement is found not to be enforceable, that clause will be removed but the rest of the terms and conditions will still be valid.
Even if this agreement is terminated, the following clauses will continue to apply: Intellectual Property Rights, Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability, Governing Law and General.
Interpretation and definitions
“Intellectual Property” refers to any copyrights, moral rights, goodwill, trade marks, source code, software applications, trade secrets or similar intellectual property rights;
“Party/Parties” refers to either AgrifoodSA or to you;
“Personal Information” refers to the Personal Information you supply to AgrifoodSA or that it collects about you. It includes all the information as defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
“Process or Processing” means any operation or set of operations including collection, receipt, collation, storage, updating, modification, retrieval, consultation, use, distribution, merging, linking, restriction and destruction;
“Website” refers to the official website address: http://www.agrifoodsa.info