As our name suggests, we are situated near the town of Brits in the North West Province of South Africa. Conveniently located close to Gauteng and Botswana, but also situated on the main distribution routes to Namibia and the Northern Cape. Our central location offers our Customers fast and efficient Service. Our Certified, High Quality Products treated with either CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenate) or Creosote will ensure that our valued Customers are satisfied with BRITS POLES as their preferred choice of supplier.
BRITS POLES started off as a family-run business over 20 years ago. Starting from humble beginnings, the business grew into a household name for the supply of CCA and Creosote treated Poles in South Africa and also Exports into Africa.
In 2020 the Company underwent a transformation and is now wholly owned by Azkoyen (Pty) Ltd.
Let’s work together! Drop us an email to get started!
What we do
Azkoyen (Pty) Ltd has been a supplier of raw material timber to Treating Plants and Mining Timber Companies for many years in South Africa. With an extensive interest in the harvesting and supply of raw material timber, the opportunity to extend the value chain into Treated Timber was a natural progression of the company’s growth.
The gain in the Value Chain from Plantation to Customer allows us to offer great Quality with great Service. Contact us for your Treated Timber Poles.
Azkoyen (Pty) Ltd Group of Companies
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- We are an accredited manufacturer of Transmission Poles according to SANS:754 Specifications
- We supply Transmission Poles to our Clients in South Africa and also export to our Clients in the rest of Africa
- Our Quality Transmission Poles are used for Electricity Distribution, Telecom applications and Fibre Network development
- Our Transmission Poles may be treated with Creosote or CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenate)
- Creosote is an oil-based chemical that is applied to timber with heat and pressure. It has excellent preservative characteristics and has been used for many years
- CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenate) is a concentrate that is mixed with water and applied through pressure at ambient temperatures. Many prefer CCA due to its cleaner and easier handling. CCA doesn’t leave a residue or a smell that is associated with Creosote (Transmission Poles)
Building & Fencing Poles
- We are an accredited manufacturer of Building and Fencing Poles according to SANS:457-3 and SANS:1288 Specifications
- Our Building and Fencing Poles are most often used in Agriculture
- Shade Net Construction
- Our Building and Fencing Poles are also perfect for DIY Projects (Lapas, “Lean-To” roofs, Fences, Parking Areas and many more)
- Building and Fencing Poles are available in Creosote or CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenate) treatments. Creosote Poles are often referred to as “Tarred Poles” and CCA develop a green hue after treatment from the Copper that oxidases
- In some instances we also supply Untreated Timber poles
- The Degree of Treatment depends on the use of the Poles, but generally range from
- H3 (Above ground Exterior, No Ground-Contact - e.g. Droppers)
- H4 (Exterior, Ground Contact - e.g. Fencing, “Lean-To” Roofs or Simple Structures)
- H5 (Exterior, Ground Contact, Higher Moisture Soil – e.g. Vineyards)
- We supply Clients all across South Africa (Gauteng, North West, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Limpopo and Orange Free State) and we also export Building and Fencing Poles to Botswana, Namibia, Zambia or wherever a Client might need us
Home Improvement & DIY Products
- We manufacture and treat a wide range of Home Improvement Products such as:
- Garden Edging
- Garden Trellises
- Sawn “Plankies” in Saligna and Pine
- Timber Wall Panels
- Square Posts
- Picket Fencing
- Post and Rail Fencing
- We also supply Firewood, ideal for those cold Winter nights
Commercial & Industrial Application Products
Our range of treated or untreated products for Commercial and Industrial Application includes:
- Guardrail Posts – used on Road Construction when putting up Guardrails next to roads
- Dunnage – used for packing of heavy goods or equipment and ease the handling of these products by forklift (e.g. Granite Blocks, Steel and Shipping Containers)
- Slab Poles – similar to Dunnage and also used to create temporary walkways in the mining sector
- Shavings – Bagged in 7kg bags or in Bulk Bags. Usually used for Chicken Farms or Horse Farms to create a ground-cover for animals
Quality & Accreditations
At Brits Poles we adhere to the South African National Standards (SANS) Specifications in regard to the Quality of our Timber and our Treatments. This ensures that our clients enjoy the assurance of Quality when purchasing any of our products.
The Accreditations of these Specifications are inspected regularly by approved Industry bodies such as ACT, SABS, SAUPA, SATAS etc.
Additional Assurances of Quality:
- ISO 9001 (Management & Operations)
- Environmental Assessments (EIA’s)
- FSC (Forestry Stewardship Counsel)
ISO 9001 ensures that quality Management Practices are implemented and followed. This ensures that businesses set and follow the correct procedures and ensure a High Quality of Management processes.
Environmental Impact Assessments are necessary to monitor and improve the operational impact on Natural resources such as Water, Soil and Air.
The FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) is a global institution that promotes, guides and inspects sustainable and responsible harvesting of trees. This certification ensures that we comply with the Sustainable Harvesting of Timber and adhere to a strict Chain of Custody to help fight theft in forestry timber.