Highveld Honey Farms runs approximately 8 000 bee-hives throughout the summer rainfall area and is involved with the production and supply of honey, pollination services as well as supplying bee-keeping equipment.
We supply a large range of honey including imported honey, and most of the different types of South African honey. All our honey is Kosher, Halaal and ISO 22 000 approved. Our bees are moved to the flowers of Aloe, Orange Blossom, Macadamia, Blue-Gum and Sunflowers. Each type of honey tastes and looks different.
Pollination Services – We offer top quality swarms providing pollination to Macadamia, Apple and Sunflower farmers
Bee-Keeping Equipment –We offer a full range of both be-keeping and associated equipment.
Established in the 1960's, Highveld Honey Farms has grown into one of the largest honey producers in South Africa. We run approximately 8000 bee-hives in the summer rainfall area, moving the hives to different flowering crops as needed.
- This allows us to offer pollination services to a wide range of farmers in Gauteng, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces.
- We distribute a broad range of South African honey products as well as imported honey to wholesale and retail markets, both locally and abroad.
- We take pride in our state-of-the-art packaging plant, approved by independent food safety auditors. Much of our honey is packaged in a variety of containers for different retailers under their own brand names.
- Individual, end-user customers are serviced though our inhouse shop in Benoni.
- Highveld Honey also supplies a wide range of beekeeping equipment for the hobbyist and part-time beekeeper as well as specialist equipment for the small scale beekeeper.
- We also buy honey and beeswax – any quantity.
Local manufacturers and suppliers of bee-hives and equipment. Local suppliers of honey and products
We offer a wide range of top quality South African honey products as well as imported honey to wholesale and retail markets, both locally and abroad. Our customers include food manufacturers, the catering industry, supermarkets and wholesalers.
We also supply raw honey. Collected straight from the extractor; it is totally unheated, unpasteurized and unprocessed honey.
(Food Safety Accreditation: FSSC 22 000)
We take pride in our state-of-the-art packaging plant, approved by independent food safety auditors. Much of our honey is packaged in a variety of containers for different retailers under their own brand names.
Bulk packaging includes:
- 375 g Squeeze x 24
- 500 g Squeeze x 24
- 500 g Round jar x 24
- 1 kg Squeeze x 12
- 36.5 kg Plastic Bucket