Senter360 is a privately owned company and registered in South Africa, which operates from the rural town of Klerksdorp in the North West province, approximately 200km west of the financial capital Johannesburg.
The company has been manufacturing and supplying centre pivots since 1994, specialising in the surveying, design, installation and commissioning of centre pivot irrigation systems i.e. from a stand-alone pivot to pumping from the water source via a pipeline that service the system.
We not only conduct our business in South Africa and the rest of the African continent, but the company has embarked on a strategy to expand its footprint into other markets in the world.
The Senter360 pivot is known for its above standard structure strength and durability, achieved through extra sets of steel pipe trusses fitted to each span, which is not only lighter than angle iron trusses but also more wind resistant due to its aerodynamic shape. The latest technology is applied in all sprinkler packages, ensuring that world class water distribution is achieved, with minimal evaporation losses, in a cost efficient manner. Emphasis is placed on ensuring the customer’s experience in controlling the pivot is a user friendly experience through our “EziTech” control panel range.
As a company we are focussed on delivering our mandate of converting water into rain, in a profitable and sustainable manner, to ensure food security in Africa and the rest of the world. This is achieved through a clear strategy and living our values day by day. We look forward to getting to know you better!
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Senter360 specialises in surveying, system design, installation and commissioning of irrigation systems, with centre pivot irrigation being a major part of their business. They provide a complete service, which includes project development to project management.
The pivot structure with its three internally mounted cross braces per side (four on the high profile models) provides more than enough strength and durability to handle radial, vertical and horizontal loads.
The stainless steel cable conduit seals and low cost, extremely durable riser pipe seal require virtually no maintenance.
Coupling to the first tower is by means of a standard pivot flex (Not an optional extra).
The system is controlled by SA designed and built mechanical and electronic control panels making use of standard 230 Volt control circuit. All electronic panels are backed by a mechanical system and have modula panels for easy upgrading.
Span & Overhang
The spans are probably the strongest on the market in SA. This is achieved without adding extra weight and by making use of up to eleven pipe trusses per 57.6m span.
Truss rods are 20 mm in diameter and per tower consists of four tower truss rods with 20 inter long truss rods and 4 inter short for the 64m span; 20 inter long truss rods for the 57m span; sixteen inter long plus two inter short for the 51m and 12 interlong plus four inter short for the 45m span.
Each of the four overhang pipes has its own set of support cables with three sets of back cables for the various span lengths.
All pipes are 6,4m in length irrespective of the diameter and are thus easily transported and installed.
Drive Unit-Base Beam
The standard 4,5m long heavy duty base beam (5.9m for the high profile models) ensures stability over uneven terrain and during windy conditions. Drive unit legs are made from 100x75x6 angle iron and reinforced with horizontal and diagonal braces.
The ball & socket joint between large diameter spans, prevents operating loads from being transformed from one tower to the next.
All in all the Senter360 pivot was designed and is built to last.
Single Tower Water Driven Units
- The Quick-Tow centre pivot hooks up to the tractor lift arms for quick and safe towing.
- The Quick-Tow centre is proven to be even stronger than the superior strength span it is connected to and were undamaged after a span were pulled to destruction.
- The pivot point shown can also be utilised as a one tower electric unit. Because there is no collectorring available, the power supply cable will have to be uncoiled after three rotations. In normal towing applications the centre pivot will be moved after one or two rotations, alleviating this problem. (A four legged centre with full collectorring is available as tow and non-tow units and as a four-wheeled unit.)
- The span lengths are from 44.8 to 64m long and 127mm in diameter with a 26m overhang.
- On the drive train, the standard drive unit are utilized but the electric motor replaced with the water rotor.
At Senter360 we recognise two service categories namely: Direct and Indirect services.
Direct services are defined as all services related directly to the commissioning of an irrigation system namely:
- The surveying and design of any type of irrigation system where centre pivots are involved.
- The erection of all pivot systems are performed by Senter360 accredited erectors.
- The stocking of all pivot spare parts and components including motors, gearboxes, rods, wheels, cable etc., which can be procured over the counter or online through all payment channels.
- The cleaning and reconditioning of motors, pumps and gearboxes.
- The manufacturing and commissioning of pump and motor combinations (be it on a frame or in a pump house setup) or floats for water extraction directly from rivers and dams.
- The optimisation of existing irrigation systems including fault finding analyses where challenges are experienced.
Indirect services are defined as ad hoc services we can perform on customer request including:
- The relocation of pivots
- Damage assessments for insurance claim purposes (Senter360 is often requested to fulfil an assessor role for insurance underwriters in claims)
- Technical advice on pivots and irrigation systems including water flows, pipeline pressure, friction loss, drainage etc.
- Access to agricultural specialists and a wide network of sub-contractors that can perform specialist services in the irrigation and agricultural space.
Some of our employees are part time farmers themselves, thus, we are fond of sharing our own experiences and advice on matters, as applicable.
Refer to our Contact Us page to engage with the Project Team on the above services.
Watch our videos: Follow our links below:
Corporate Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mQ2fUYFCYQ&t=8s
Technical Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3-C395so8