What Does a Logistics Company Do?
A logistics company covers most tasks involved in the world of transportation. They cover the planning, implementation and controlling of getting supplies from one point to a desired destination. Their services also include the storage of these supplies if required by the client. Transportation is achieved across all mediums: road, rail, air and sea.
Logistics Company Functions
There is an international need for supplies and materials to be moved safely and efficiently. It’s the duty of a logistics company to oversee this process. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Ensuring a seamless supply chain that includes not only transportation, but also the management of receiving, storage, and inventory handling.
- Allocating security measures so that goods and supplies are not mishandled, or at risk of getting stolen.
- Developing strong partnerships with local and international companies to ensure a smooth service with minimal stress for the client.
- Overseeing the process through to customs, where they handle the customs compliance procedures so that clients don’t have to process these themselves.
- Offering storage facilities suitable to the type of freight transportation that they offer – i.e. cold rooms for perishable goods, etc.
Having been in operation since 2006, LTG Logistics Transport Globally (Pty) Ltd is a logistics company in Kempton Park that specialises in the abovementioned services. With an array of strong relationships with consolidators, airlines and shipping lines, they cover major routes to and from Europe, the Far East, South East Asia, the Middle East, Australasia, Africa and the USA.
Our directory can offer multiple quality products and services. We back only the best!