Rotrix Africa Rainmaker Irrigation Systems
Rotrix Africa Rainmaker Irrigation Systems the most effective and cost efficient travelling irrigation systems available in Africa.
Cane Master 300 Irrigation System
The Rotrix Cane Master 300 was designed to accommodate sugar cane growers with supplementary irrigation during the dry periods and the establishing of new cane fields. Due to their light weight design, they are easily managed by small teams of operators with out the need to wait for tractors to assist with lane changing. Very mobile and ideally suited to be used with diesel pump sets and quick coupling pipe work.
A set of 4 x Rotrix Cane Master 300 units operated by a team of 6 persons can establish and irrigate a 100 ha block of sugar cane. Each unit travels 300m in a 8-12hr cycle with an effective wetted lane spacing of 60m which is 1.8 ha per run. Twice per day in a 24hr cycle equals 3.6 ha x 7 days will cover 25 Ha per week.
- Compact light weight mobile Travelling Irrigation Gun ideally suited for the irrigation of Sugar Cane.
- Heavy duty galvanised chassis mounted on 4 x 13 “ rims and tyres. Suitable for towing behind tractor on farm.
- Adjustable axle track widths for added stability to accommodate large sprinkler on raised stand pipe.
- Pivoting front axle for towing stability and negotiating rough terrain.
- 300m x 6mm heavy duty galvanised cable.
- 150m x 65mm diameter Heavy duty Oroflex Lay flat Irrigation hose.
- Large Sprinkler Gun( Part Circle operation) fitted with a range of 5 nozzles.
- 3m Raised extension stand pipe for Sprinkler Gun.
- Ladder fitted to access sprinkler when adjusting or changing nozzles.
- 4:1 Ratio Manual hose winder fitted.
- PTO driven gearbox to assist in rolling up the hose.
- 80m Wetted Diameter @ 5 bar pressure Flow capacity 40m3/hr
- 300m travel distance
- 25 Ha capacity per weekly cycle of 7 day
- A 4.1 KW Honda petrol engine mounted to chassis connected via clutch pulleys and belt to hose real PTO shaft to wind up the hose.
The 1st Rainmaker Traveling irrigation systems were designed and built in the early eighties by Mike Hewitt, founder of Rotrix Africa and a specialist in irrigation systems, who realised back then the need for a reliable mechanised travelling irrigation system that would not let the farmer down.
Rotrix Africa irrigation systems have continuously improved during the past 3 decades and even as you read this introduction we are striving to improve the performance and efficiency of our irrigation machines making them one of the most effective and cost efficient, travelling irrigation systems available in Africa.
Rotrix Africa manufactures a range of different models to accommodate all the various application requested.
The larger Rainmaker Agriculture models can be ordered to accommodate 300m, 250m and 200m runs. The smaller units are better suited for the smaller lands, sports field and golf courses.
We have a dedicated team waiting to assist you with your inquiry, ensuring you get the best service and advise. We have export branches in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Namibia and Botswana.
If you are in the market for mechanised irrigation and have block lands then it would be well worth your while to consider the Rainmaker as an alternative labour saving Irrigation system.
For other agricultural products and services, click here.